Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Why did I start a blog?


Why did I start my blog? After pondering this question for several minutes I decide to consult the all-knowing oracle, Google. I asked, “How many blogs are on the internet?” One site popped up and said over 126 million. I figured that it must be right because everything on the Internet is true. But that still did not help me figure out why I feel the need to start one for myself.  After thinking about it for a day I realized there are several reasons why I need to stake my claim in the vast world wide web.

The long answer

For starters, I want to create a place where I can share my writing, the tips I learn with other aspiring writers and a place where they can share what they learn with me.

Second,  I love Internet stalking my favorite authors and I hope some day fans want to stalk me. I mean…….When I find a new book I enjoy, the first thing I do is go to the author’s website or blog. I want to know who they are, the things they like to do and they always offer good writing advice. I enjoy reading about their writing process and  journey to publication. I want to hear their story. One of my favorite things to do is find articles on their blog that were wrote before they were published, back when they were still dreamers, where I am now, it gives me hope. With this blog my future fans can come back and see my beginning. 

 Third, I love talking about the books that I read. I’m new to writing reviews and it is more work than I thought it would be, but I guess that's how it is with all writing. I am going at it two ways, I write a review the day I finish the book. I want to write down my first impression. Then I wait two or three days and write it again after I have had time to think it over. That way I don’t focus on one element of the story and review it as a whole.

I want to talk about movies, actors, my adventures with my crazy husband, oops, I mean….. my crazy adventures with my loving husband. (funny how one misplaced word can change the entire meaning of a sentence) and life as I see it.

Now for the quick answer. This blog will be a document of my journey to publication and a collection of things I learn along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland! I'm so excited to read your book reviews and hear about your crazy adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait so I shared it on facebook because you are awesome...especially for Konner to know about! Very Cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Artist's Faeries kit by Lorie Davison