Friday, April 22, 2011

If people don't care about your character's they won't care about your story. That is a sentence I have read more than once, but today realized how true that is.

I just got done watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part one. ***spoiler alert for those who have yet to see or read the master piece (you must be living in a dark and dreary cave and you are completely missing out on the coolest thing ever) stop reading here. Then go to the store and or library and get the books***

 One of the final scenes brought a tear to my eye. It is when Dobby is dying in Harry's arms. J.K. Rowling is the master of all stories told. She took this simple little house elf, a being that does not exist in the ordinary world and created this powerful character by weaving her words into magic. Crying over animals and humans is natural but a house elf? It is a tribute to the author that she turned this creature of myth into a personality I grew to love and truly care about.

 I was also sad for Harry as well. It is hard watching people lose their friends.

So I add this to my list of things to work on, create characters that people care about. No problem right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Artist's Faeries kit by Lorie Davison