Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Breaking Spine.

Black Heart by Holly Black  (Curse Workers 3)

Release date April 3rd, 2012

I may be posting this prematurely because I have only read book one of the trilogy, White Cat. It was so good I just know I'm going to love book two, Red Glove, and I plan to read it this month. Generally I read books with female protagonist's but I really connected with Cassel and am excited to continue his story. 

Cassel Sharpe knows he’s been used as an assassin, but he’s trying to put all that behind him. He’s trying to be good, even though he grew up in a family of con artists and cheating comes as easily as breathing to him. He’s trying to do the right thing, even though the girl he loves is inextricably connected with crime. And he’s trying to convince himself that working for the Feds is smart, even though he’s been raised to believe the government is the enemy. 

But with a mother on the lam, the girl he loves about to take her place in the Mob, and new secrets coming to light, the line between what’s right and what’s wrong becomes increasingly blurred. When the Feds ask Cassel to do the one thing he said he would never do again, he needs to sort out what’s a con and what’s truth. In a dangerous game and with his life on the line, Cassel may have to make his biggest gamble yet—this time on love.



9 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this series. Cassel is one of my favorite male protagonists ever. I can't wait to read Black Heart. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this one yet! But the cover is awesome, I love it! I'll have to go and check it out on Goodreads :)

    New follower!
    Come check out my blog and my Wow for this week. :)

    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I still haven't even read White Cat... FAIL!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great series. Red Glove is even better than White Cat!
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely sounds like a thriller plot! I've seen these books, but haven't read them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep meaning to read White Cat and dive into this series. Now I'm really itching to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you haven't read White Cat I suggest you do. Holly Black is a very talented writer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! So far I've only read White Cat but I really enjoyed it! I'll definitely be looking forward to this once I read Red Glove. :)

    My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-25.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Artist's Faeries kit by Lorie Davison