Friday, April 27, 2012

And Introducing...Kimberly Derting

OMG!  Make way...fangirl coming through!

Last tuesday Kimberly Derting graced us with her presence at Powell's Books in Beaverton Oregon. It was a blast. That is until we lost power and finished up in the dark. Oh who am I kidding? It was still fun. She signed the books by flashlight!

 Kimberly started off with a reading from her recent release, The Last Echo. It was killing me not to go out and buy this until that evening, but I wanted to wait and get a signed copy.

Plus she gave us some really cool swag. I'm never lucky enough to get this stuff. It was really nice of her to give away. I can't wait to put on the nail polish. She told us once we read the book we'll see the significance of it and get really creeped out.

So far I'm sixty pages in and have read a couple of chapters from the killers point of view. All I can say is, whoa. It kind of makes me wonder what our dear Kimberly has going on in that head of hers. Just kidding. But seriously, it's really creepy. I physically got the chills reading from his point of view. I can't wait to read more!

Some fun tidbits she shared with us~
-The flowers on the covers are made from fabric.
-The cover of The Body Finder was also a possible cover for Aprilynne Pike's novel Wings. I'm glad it went to The Body Finder. It fits perfectly, don't you think?
-If the police ever get a hold of her computer and do a search history...they just might haul her off for questioning.

Thank you Kimberly for talking to us giving us these wonderful stories.
                                                 

4 comments:

  1. Kriston - It was definitely a special evening - Kimberly was so down to earth and funny! I'm just starting my copy of The Pledge; I'm sure it will be just as great as her other books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sad I missed this signing. I went to one of her signings a few years ago at Powells and it was a lot of fun. I'm jealous of the swag :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the swag. I've never gotten any before. I'm finally one of the cool kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover!! That swag is awesome.. makes me want to go to a book signing event sometime. It sounds like so much fun :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Artist's Faeries kit by Lorie Davison