Sunday, April 22, 2012

My Book BFF

My Book BFF was created by The Reading Lark and inspired my the My Book Boyfriend meme created by The Unread Reader. It is where we showcase a character we wished could be one of our bff's. Have a favorite character you wish you hang with? Please share. Anyone can join in.



My book bff is Evie, from Kiersten White's Paranormalcy series.

I have stated this before, but since Evie is my book bff this week I think I'll say it again. If I were able to sit down and eat dinner with all my favorite literary characters I would want Evie at my side. She would be the one you could elbow in the ribs and be like, "I can't believe we're sitting here with Harry Potter!" And she would be like "I know, it's totally bleeping awesome."

There is a lot more to Evie than being an upbeat girl that loves her favorite teen drama Eastin Heights. She is one tough cookie when it comes to bagging and tagging unruly paranormals for the International Paranormal Containment center. (IPC) She's armed with her pink taser, affectionately known as Tasie, and has proven herself to be a highly regarded hunter.

Raised by the IPC and forced to live in the center Evie longs for a normal life and learned to appreciate the little things. Though she can be a little overly spunky at times, when it comes to working you can always count on her.

quotes from Goodreads. I think the show Evie's personalty pretty well.

"...sometimes I get tired. Sometimes I get bored. And sometimes all I want, more than anything else in the world, is to go on a freaking date."


"Oh relax." I waved my hand dismissively. "If he wanted to kill me, he already would have. I brought him all these sharp pencils, ideal for stabbing, and he's been a perfect gentleman." 


"If you fail to report within the next 12 hours. you will be terminated. If you attack any humans, you will be terminated. If you attempt to remove the tracking device, you will be terminated. We look forward to working with you." 


My perfect Evie would be played my Diana Argon.


















3 comments:

  1. I have been hearing a lot about the Paranormalcy series lately, I think I will have to check it out! I love that actress, she is in I am number four right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes she is in I Am Number Four. I loved her in that movie. The Paranormalcy series is a really fun read. If you read it come back and let me know what you think. I actually listened to the two book as an audio book and the narrator did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I am going to try to get it from the library :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Artist's Faeries kit by Lorie Davison